Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Event Details - arranged by WiliamHowrdCraft

What: Ultimate King of the Ladder (see below)

When: Sunday, March 23rd at 3:00pm (eastern time)

Where: Ultimate King of the Ladder Arena (x=1920 z=-40)
           at the intersection of Yellow Clay and Smooth Stone on the Nether Interportal Highway System

Who: 4-8 players - all are welcome to play or spectate

Ultimate King of the Ladder Rules and Regulations

Concept
The goal of Ultimate King of the Ladder is to climb to the top of a 200m (segmented) ladder and stake your claim as the true and rightful King.

But be wary, others seek the same glory and may be willing to kill for a chance at supremacy.

Armed with only your fists, you must fight off those who oppose you to claim the title.

It is not a sprint to the top, however. The game will be set on a 30 minute timer. The person standing atop the ladder at the final bell will be victorious and receive a fabulous prize.

Setup
First, fall into the entrance near the portal.

Second, pick a bed at one of the four gates surrounding the arena and the ladder. There are two beds at each gate for a total of eight.

Third, claim your bed by placing a sign above it with your name on it. The chest beside your bed contains the sign as well as a meager allowance of food (ration wisely).

Gameplay
When the game starts, exit your gate and begin your climb to the top. Once you reach the ladder, you may punch other players. NO PVP until you reach the ladder.

When you die, you respawn back at your bed and you can get right back on the ladder (you can die as much as you want). There are NO eliminations in King of the Ladder.

Once you reach the second tier (surface level), you can claim a second bed. These beds are much higher up the ladder and act as a better spawn point. The same rules apply with these beds as the ones at the base: claim with a sign and ration the better supply of food.

On the second tier, however, players ARE allowed to PVP. So watch out.

Claiming a King
When a player reaches to top of the ladder, they must jump to one of the four obsidian blocks and type into the chat the phrase "I am the King" in order to become the King of the Ladder.

This player remains King until another player reaches the top, knocks them off, and enters the same command into chat.

There can NOT be two Kings at a time. When a player reaches the top, they MUST first remove the current King before making their own claim.

Other Important Rules
DO NOT bring any outside items. You WILL die and you WILL lose them. You have been warned.

If you have to retire early, announce your departure in the chat.

Be respectful and sportsmanlike to other players (when you're not busy killing them).

and HAVE FUN!

Declaring a Winner
The player who last entered "I am the King" into chat when the timer runs out is the winner.

The winner will get a prize from me.

Once the game is over, players may exit through the East gate (red)

Let me know if you have any questions

- Wil

Last edited by WilliamHowardCraft on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Here's some images of the King of the Ladder Arena

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) The_fl11
________________________________________________________________________________
Exit your gate and head to the ladder. But watch out, the floor is lava.

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) We_re_10
________________________________________________________________________________
When you make it to the surface, reset your spawn. But you have to jump to get back to the ladder.

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) So_tal10
To make things interesting, the ladder is segmented. you have to switch to one of the outer pillars.

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) Fuckin10
View from outside the arena. You can see the portal at the bottom of the picture (250x, 0z in the nether).

See you Sunday!
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for playing!

The winner of the inaugural King of the Ladder game was Ravenxis!

Losers:
WiliamHowrdCraft
Imauser
Abaddon911
RobotCosmonaut

It was a close match. Maybe we can have a rematch sometime.
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:52 am

Aw man that looked super fun, I watched the youtube replay. You'll be seeing me around more probably. I somehow corrupted my game on the ftb server I was playing on. Loads into a light blue screen then instantly logs me out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)   Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate King of the Ladder - (completed)
Page 1 of 1