Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) Empty
PostSubject: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Event Details - arranged by WiliamHowrdCraft

What: 3 vs 3 Team Deathmatch (see rules below)

When: Sunday, April 13th at 7:00pm (eastern time)

Where: Gadon Arena (x=2500 z=500)
           near the intersection of Yellow Clay and Smooth Stone on the Nether Interportal Highway System (entrance at x=250 z=63)

Who: 6 players - all are welcome to play or spectate

3 vs 3 Team Deathmatch Rules and Regulations

Background
So I have made a small arena/map for some PvP. The setting is a small town (Gadon) with minor outlying areas. This map was made to be linear, with two teams on opposing corners of the map (similar to your Call of Duties, Halos, and what have yous).

The scenario is that two opposing factions, a sedentary Dwarven clan and a troop of Elven legionnaires, are unable to settle their differences diplomatically and have declared an all out war. This war begins in the human town of Gadon, a market town on the border of the Great Forest and the Embercliff Mountains. The residents of Gadon evacuate to the south during the quiet of the night. The great battle begins at dawn.

Setup
Each participant will register for a team. There are two teams, Dwarves and Elves, each with three players.

- The three players on the Elven team need to reset their spawn in the base at the forest.
- The three players on the Dwarven team need to reset their spawn in the base in the mountain.

Each player gets a bed and three chests, one for each life in the battle.

Gameplay
At the start of the game, each player needs to take all of the items out of their first chest. This chest should be to the left of their bed and on the top. Take every item from it and be sure to put on the armor.

When all players are ready, the battle will begin. Kill opposing players to win. Dwarves are in orange armor and Elves are in green armor. Try not to forget which team you're on.

When you die, you respawn back at your bed and you need to immediately grab the items out of your second chest (middle), put on the armor, and get back to fighting.

When you die again, do the same but with the third chest (bottom). You may have noticed by now that the items in the chests get better with each life. You will be best equipped on your third and final life.

After your third death, you are out. Do NOT re-enter the arena. You'll confuse the players who are still alive. You can spectate from your gate or exit and spectate from the platform outside.

Victory Conditions
When all players from a team are eliminated, the game ends. This should be obvious. The player with the most kills will get a prize if possible.

Hopefully, I'll be able to quickly reset the chests and we can play another round. If anyone didn't get to play in the first round, they will have priority over others to play in the second round and so on.

Other Important Rules
DO NOT bring any outside items. You WILL die and you WILL lose them. You have been warned. If you do bring stuff, please leave it in a chest outside the arena.

If you have to retire early, please announce your departure in the chat and we'll see about bringing in a replacement/alternate.

Do NOT spawn camp. If you do, any spectators or officials present will shoot at you from above. This is really the only gameplay rule that matters. Everything else should be common sense.

Be respectful and sportsmanlike to other players (when you're not busy killing them).

and HAVE FUN!

Registration

Pick your team and register to play in the thread below.

Elves have a slight advantage for ranged combat and get a few potions in two of their lives
Dwarves have an advantage in melee combat, gaining stronger axes with each life

Let me know if you have any questions

- Wil

Last edited by WilliamHowardCraft on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 12:08 am

Dwarves
1 -
2 -
3 -

Elves
1 - WiliamHowrdCraft
2 -
3 -

I'll only play if there's not enough people. RobotCosmonaut will play but might be late and miss the first match.
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Sounds great! I know the majority of players show up the day of the event and don't signup beforehand, so you should be seeing more people than the ones listed here.

Dwarves
1 - Imauser
2 -
3 -

Elves
1 - WiliamHowrdCraft
2 -
3 -
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for playing!

Combatants:
Auron
Imauser
Novah11
Ravenxis
RobotCosmonaut
WiliamHowrdCraft

Top Fighters:
Imauser
Ravenxis

Losers:
WiliamHowrdCraft (I was the first out each round) (I suck)

Those were some pretty close matches. The finale of the third match was beautiful to watch. Ima and Raven had 5 kills each. Well done. I'll make some changes to the arena and perhaps we can play again sometime.
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 am

Now you can watch it any time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008ZDxwrFag
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for posting this.

After reviewing the footage I have determined who were the best and worst fighters...

Kills Per Game (KPG)
Imauser --------------- 3.67
Ravenxis -------------- 3.67
Novah11 -------------- 3.00
RobotCosmonaut ----- 2.50
Auron ----------------- 2.00
WiliamHowrdCraft --- 1.33

So indeed, the statistics confirm that I did terrible.
Back to top Go down
Novah11
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks for filming Ima! I missed the third match. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)   3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 vs 3 - Team Deathmatch - (completed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements. :: Events!-
Jump to: