Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thimble/DropZone - (completed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) Empty
PostSubject: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Event Details - arranged by WiliamHowrdCraft

What: DropZone (adapted from Thimble) (see walkthrough below)

When: Saturday, May 3rd at 4:00pm (eastern time)

Where: Prospect Market area (x=325 z=200)

Who: 6 players - all are welcome to play or spectate

DropZone Walkthrough with Images

Background
I read OFFLINEPLAY's post of the game Thimble and it seemed like a pretty original concept and looked like a lot of fun. So I decided to make a tower near spawn where people can play Thimble. I had to make a few minor rule changes so it's not exactly the same game (I named the altered game concept, DropZone). However, credit goes to OFFLINEPLAY for introducing the concept.

Walkthrough
Basically, two to six players take turns jumping down about 50 meters to a square pool of water. When you land, you have to place a block of your color. As the game progresses, the pool has less water to land in safely, causing players to land on each other's placed blocks and die. The last person alive wins.

I'll break it down with some pictures...

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-011
Here's the tower. It's right by spawn, you can't miss it.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-012
This is what it looks like inside. You are not required to reset your spawn at a bed, but if you die and want to watch other players, it would be wise to sleep here.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-013
There's the pool. It's not a far drop down to bedrock or anything because that would require a long and boring ladder climb after each fall.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-014
Here we see that Player 1 (red) has made the first jump and placed their color. If you land between two blocks, just try to place your color on the block you think you most accurately landed on.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-015
In this four player game, Red and Blue have each made 3 jumps, and Yellow and Lime have made 2 jumps each. It's Yellow's turn. It would be wise to safely hug the left wall on their next jump.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-016
BINGO: A bingo is when you land in a water block that is surrounded by player's color blocks on all four sides. If you get a bingo, you get to skip your jump in the next round! This can give you a great advantage in the later rounds. NOTE: This does not apply to single water blocks that are against the wall as it is easy to hug the wall.

IMPORTANT RULE:
Since turn order is an important factor in determining one's success, the winner must complete a successful jump in the same round that the other player(s) were eliminated. For example, if Red, Blue and Yellow are all still in the game going into Round 5, and Red and Blue both die during this round, Yellow has to complete their jump in order to win.

So there you have it. Pretty simple game, but harder than it looks. The winner will get a prize and we can play multiple rounds if you'd like.

Don't bring any items, including food. There's plenty of food available at the tower. See you Sunday!

Let me know if you have any questions,

Wil

Last edited by WilliamHowardCraft on Sat May 03, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 2:04 am

This sounds like something I would enjoy. I read Offline's post then this one. Too bad I work. I hope people flock to this event seems very strategic. To those that get to play, enjoy and good luck!
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks for playing everyone. I think we played about 4 rounds. Those who participated were:

WiliamHowrdCraft - 2 wins
_ _Auron_ _ - 1 win
YellowstoneJoe - 1 win
TBear315
zack12359
ChickenPox7

We had fun. I sat out for a round and took some screenshots of Auron, Joe, and ChickenPox playing.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-017
Here's Joe aiming for the corner as Auron and ChickenPox survey the situation from above.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-018
Joe again, gracefully positioning mid-air for an open spot. Just look at that form.

Thimble/DropZone - (completed) 2014-019
This was a jump that Auron did not survive.

And just a reminder, if anyone wants to play, the tower is open now. You can play whenever you want. Just remember to restock any lost items and refill the pool below after each match. Enjoy, and I'll see you around...

- Wil
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Thanks for the screenshots! Sorry I couldn't make it, blame the server Sad

Since there's no replay, have this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7xq8ccav3Y
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:22 am

Good to see you guys had fun with it, aslo Ima....what the hell! That was super weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thimble/DropZone - (completed)   Thimble/DropZone - (completed) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thimble/DropZone - (completed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements. :: Events!-
Jump to: