Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New server.

Go down 
+6
atralupis
flobbus
IzzaPyder
FrozenIllusions
FERRITofDOOM
thedevlin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
thedevlin
Admin

New server. Empty
PostSubject: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:40 am

The IP: 74.209.179.23:25565

So the new server's pretty much ready to go, there's just a few minor things that need to be done, so expect the new server to be up sunday morning, sometime around 10am pst.

There's still no /home or /spawn but beds work just fine.

There aren't too many changes being made, but this is what I've done.

-Lockette is back, so locks are free and easier to use.

-I've made iron, gold, lapis and diamond sellable in order to make money. Money can be spent at the other shop that sells some difficult to obtain items, as well as some basic building materials. If you'd like to see anything added to the shops, like records or spawn eggs, let me know and I'll add them if I can.

-Nobles have two perks. They can join whenever the server is full (IF we are full. Razz)
They can use /near to see if there's anyone around them. (I'm not certain of the range)
Oh, they can also have their name changed and colored if they wish.

-The map is bigger. It's now 7000x7000 when before it was 5000x5000

-It's a new host, and I haven't experienced a single bit of lag yet. But we'll see what it's like when there's a few more people online. Razz

That's what I can think of for now. If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.
And thanks to those who have stuck around while we've been away.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
FERRITofDOOM
Paper Boy
FERRITofDOOM

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 am

cools
Back to top Go down
FrozenIllusions
Paper Boy

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:54 am

Sounds great! I'm trusting that pvp is off?
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:21 am

FrozenIllusions wrote:
Sounds great! I'm trusting that pvp is off?

Pvp will actually be ON. Since cno and twheeler will not be returning I doubt that it'll be a problem.
If it turns into a problem I will turn pvp off, but I think everyone here understands how to pvp "playfully" and not end up harrassing other people.
Back to top Go down
IzzaPyder
Apprentice

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:04 am

Awwww yeeeaah.
Back to top Go down
flobbus

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:14 am

/near just sounds like a pvp trap. If someone feels a lust for blood, and they're a noble, "/near" and they're right on top of their next victim.
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:30 pm

flobbus wrote:
/near just sounds like a pvp trap. If someone feels a lust for blood, and they're a noble, "/near" and they're right on top of their next victim.

True it could be used for pvp. I don't think it gives exact locations though. You could use /near and find that someone's within 50 or 100 blocks of you, but you'd still have to search for them. I see it as pre-emptively escaping pvp. Just use /near to find out if someone's following you or hiding around a corner.

Either way, we'll see how it works out. I can always remove it if it's no good.
Back to top Go down
flobbus

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:00 pm

thedevlin wrote:
flobbus wrote:

True it could be used for pvp. I don't think it gives exact locations though. You could use /near and find that someone's within 50 or 100 blocks of you, but you'd still have to search for them. I see it as pre-emptively escaping pvp. Just use /near to find out if someone's following you or hiding around a corner.

Either way, we'll see how it works out. I can always remove it if it's no good.
Works for me.
Back to top Go down
atralupis
Apprentice

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:36 am

Gah ... you had to use 1.2.4 right off the bat, didn't ya!

I'll be joining .... just as soon as Optifine updates.
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm

What made you bring it back?
Back to top Go down
Luniria
Paper Boy
Luniria

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Like a Star @ heaven That's great to hear, Dev! I'm glad to hear that Prospect is revived. I look forward to returning to our server this Sunday. As for the changes, It is enlightening to know that beds will be made useful. As well as free lockette. I aquiesce strongly with the record and egg deals in shops! I'd love to buy a copy of CAT and STRAD. As for /near, It might be used as a pvp benefit to some people. As for my brother, Nazragon, he'll be back on in the near future. (Hopefully) It's encouraging to hear of a larger map. Not that we need all that room. (Yet) It will be great for more potential players and towns. 7,000 x 7,000..about..49,000,000 blocks? (Holy monkey!) I look forward to playing on Prospect again! Like a Star @ heaven

~Luni What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://luniria.deviantart.com/
Ankiseth

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:42 pm

This is good. Very good. I'll be on as soon as I can.

For those of you with brain lesions or any other mentally debilitating injuries or diseases, this is Ank502.
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 am

So dev, how many mods and admins are coming back?
Are you shorthanded Very Happy ?
Back to top Go down
kidmojo6

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 am

Tuna, at last count we're all present so we should be just fine staff-wise Razz
Back to top Go down
IzzaPyder
Apprentice

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

kidmojo6 wrote:
Tuna, at last count we're all present so we should be just fine staff-wise Razz
New server. Confirmed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New server. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New server.   New server. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New server.
Page 1 of 1