Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My nephew was banned yesturday.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmycleaver

My nephew was banned yesturday. Empty
PostSubject: My nephew was banned yesturday.   My nephew was banned yesturday. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Hello, I go by the name of jimmycleaver on minecraft but in the real world I'm James. For those of you with the same name as mine I apologize in advance for him on thinking you were me.

I have three nephews who play minecraft and they sometimes go into my account. Two of them are older and are twins and they already know the steps on survival, crafting, and common sense. The younger one however, whose birthday was a couple of days ago but is having a weekend party only experienced survival by the basics.

Unfortunately as much I dislike to say this he is rather spoiled, may explains why he asks for free stuff a lot and attacks to get you guys attention along with spamming. He came over to my house one day with a relative while I was at work, I told him what his account was and soon as he got on he saw the server and logged in. From what I heard from his point of view he was in a middle of the field then later got killed by a monster, spawned to the beginning and already got lost and started wandering around. When he found a house nearby he just assumes it was mine and broke in there for not finding a entrance and began to "make himself" at home, by that meaning taking everything he can get including diamond gears. He doesn't know much from there but I can already tell he was hiding some things from me till I began to hear other's point of views.

I would never of accepted this if I were there and because this has to happen I am disappointed of him; but do understand he is still young, 10 years old and just needs a little guidence and common sense to keep him from getting in trouble. But after knowing what has happened I have some doubt this server will want to have him back, if he were to log in while I'm gone again just to repeat the same mistakes. If this ever gets approved I will let him know and show him the proper ropes of a online survival server next time. If this gets declined then I truly understand and apologize again in advance for his recklessness. Him and I never have the time to spend a coop game together and when we do he always follows me and listens, so we'll just have to go back to basics again and play in a LAN server before playing on a public serve.

Till then, this is your humble member typing this, see you all next time~
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: My nephew was banned yesturday.   My nephew was banned yesturday. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi there, thanks for elaborating on the situation.

Does your nephew go by the name of arselio? Your explanation does clear up an earlier issue. Just before the ban, he was asked if he had any words to say. He replied with something among the lines of "James is my uncle". Coincidentally, another user with a similar username was on at the time and denied that statement; we took it to mean the finals words weren't being taken seriously.

In any case, it is a bit reckless for your nephew to go around and randomly break blocks. Before the banning, I saw arselio break 3 blocks from spawn, namely the lime clay wall. In addition, a creeper went off in the house not long after arselio was killed, inadvertently causing more damage. The owner of the house was inside and away the entire time this was going on.

We realize that people do make mistakes, thus we are going to discuss this with the people that were involved and will let you know what our verdict is as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

PostSubject: Re: My nephew was banned yesturday.   My nephew was banned yesturday. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Jimmy, we have discussed the situation and at this time we have decided to not unban your nephew.
With the situations that had happened, griefing at spawn, griefing someone's house (which allowed creepers in to blow up an afk player and his house and chests), stealing from someone's chests, etc. it just does not seem right to let him back at this time.
We had discussed allowing him back and you keeping an eye on him but having a vanilla server makes it difficult to "babysit" a player. As well this would not be fair for the admins and mods to help with keeping an eye on him.
What we suggest is that you do what you've said, open a LAN server and teach him the basics. You can teach him the proper way a server works, online etiquette, etc. We are comfortable with you having him play on your account if you were there with him. This would then hold you responsible for his behaviors.
You can bring the ban appeal forward again after you feel he has been taught properly.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and we hope you stick around even through this chaos.
Back to top Go down
jimmycleaver

PostSubject: Re: My nephew was banned yesturday.   My nephew was banned yesturday. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you both for your kind and humble words, I've already had a good sense what the decision would be and at least it's very understandable. This will not effect me from leaving at all since everyone I've met are nice people.. too bad my nephew didn't know any better when it comes to vanilla servers.

As for me I do have a busy week coming so I won't be on much, along with my password changed so he won't try anything foolish when I'm away.

Till next time~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My nephew was banned yesturday.   My nephew was banned yesturday. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My nephew was banned yesturday.
Page 1 of 1