Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore 1.6 Server

Go down 
+3
xXioN28
thedevlin
Qintuo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Qintuo
Paper Boy

Hardcore 1.6 Server Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 am

Soooo.....I'm already dead. Ha, so I saw the word Hardcore in the title and thought, "Oh lets check it out." I ran around a bit wondering whats so hardcore about it when, BAM, shot by a skele into a zombie left with 4.5 hp before noon of the first day. So I thought to myself, "Oh no biggie, I'll just grab some food and hide out at night and heal up." Well you don't heal. So I ran around looking for a village to fortify myself in for a temp base. I found 3 and settled in the last one when I fell off a cliff leaving me with 2 hp. I waited out night 2 in the librarians house and thinking I was a safe a couple of minutes after the sunrise I get shot by two skeles and die.

So Hardcore is for real for anyone that decides to read this. I wish I realized it was that way before I joined it and ran around like usual. Seems like loads of fun though, so good luck to all that venture into that place!

-Q
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:38 am

Also why am I titled as a newbie! I just saw this.
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:52 pm

Don't worry, you aren't the only one dead. So far there's 6!
I was close when I started as well. Almost starved to death at first - was at half a food bar - then I came across a few chickens which saved my life.
After that, I got ambushed by a zombie which, because of the new system where there's a chance of another zombie spawning when you hit them, became 3 zombies. I ran, and fell down a hole. I was at about 3 hearts for quite a while. I was lucky with gold and apples though. got myself back up fairly quickly. Now I'm working towards getting a blaze rod or two and working towards potions. Then I'll be about set.

Anyways, I feel bad that so many people died so quickly. I'm assuming that, similar to yourself, they didn't realize how difficult it would be, so I'm thinking of letting those who died back in just this once.

Anyways, I'll probably be posting any information about the hardcore server on reddit, so here's the link if you want to follow along.
http://www.reddit.com/r/mcservers/comments/1hg73d/unnamed_hardcore_server_hardcore_pve_vanilla/

Also lol at the newbie. Maybe you just need to post more, I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
xXioN28
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm

SO yeah... "you are not white-listed on this server" Made me sad dev D:
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Please revive me
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I added your family to the whitelist, xion, so you guys can join whenever. Good luck. Smile

As for tsuko, I'll revive everyone tonight. It needs a restart so I'm going to wait until no one's online.
Just so you know, this is the only time I'll do this. So be careful this time.
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 pm

WOOOO Yeah!!!

Maybe a small enclosed spawn house could be made with signs explaining that you are permabanned on death from the server and that you do not regenerate HP. That may get peoples attention. People like me, that just jumped in to check it out.

Just throwing out some suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 pm

still marked as dead
Back to top Go down
vasteel2k
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm

I died within 5 min because I spawned at night andthere were 6 zombies around, can I get a revive
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:28 pm

vasteel2k wrote:
I died within 5 min because I spawned at night andthere were 6 zombies around, can I get a revive

ouch
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

I died.
Went into the nether. A ghast shot at me, hit a pigzombie and they swarmed me. Sad
Good thing I was planning on respawning everyone anyways lol.

So there we go. Everyone's back in.
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Died again >.>
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Dev, how did you make the hardcore server?
I tried and it would only create survival
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: The Adventures of Qintuo   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 am

In my time on the server I explored the vastness of the lands the world offered. In my journeys I found Swamps, Jungles, Taiga, Plains, Oceans and the ever elusive Desert. For many nights the desert called my name, but I feared to leave the safety of Devlins home. With the fear of death I decided to help Devlin build up his area, first by gaining materials.

First order of business, prepare for potions by finding melons seeds. Devlin and I both explored a local mineshaft in hopes to find a chest Devlin went straight while I, following my gut, took a left. I happened upon an intersection and got nervous. I quickly dodged in and out checking all 3 exits. It was clear and I could breathe easy as I ran down a long stretch. I saw Devlin through a wall 15-20 blocks away winding through his section of mineshaft as I came to a large ravine. I examined all my exit options and any threats. I noticed a section that dropped down and continued deeper in a mineshaft, but there was a gap I had to jump to proceed. Nothing a little spring jump couldn't solve right? So I sprint as hard as a can and jump with all my might! I made it! Across I came to a double intersection. I checked with double the fear as last time, darting in and out checking my corners. I look left into a wall, then right! Again another wall. I crawl forward and get ready to check the corner when.....psssss, a creeper falls from above! "Oh my god holy balls!" I yell, and punch the creeper through the forward gap as I backpedal as fast as I can only to catch myself on one of the corners of the intersection! BOOOM! It was a tense and short exploration of the mineshaft. But I survived! Devlin hears the explosion and rounds the corner only for me to push him aside as I run straight for the exit with only .5 HP left. I make it back to the safety of his home, shaking and out of breath, I take a moment to collect myself and plan for recovery. I take off my leather armor and place it in a chest to remember how it saved my life. Time to branch mine.

Devlin supplies me with torches, picks, 3 bars of gold and an apple.
"Find some more gold and heal up. Once you get back a good amount of HP we'll venture into the nether." He says, with enthusiasm.

Off I go, down to layer 12 and begin branch mining. Stone after stone, digging through dirt and gravel I barely find any iron. I think to myself "I picked the worst spot to mine." Suddenly a bright sparkle is ahead of me! Redstone! I decided to mine every bit of ore I find. After breaking the last of the redstone I see the calming presence of Lapis Lazuli. I mine on for what seems like days when I finally find some gold, enough gold to make 2 golden apples! I immediately ran upstairs and infused two apples with the gold I found. Unfortunately I only have 4.5 hp at this time, not near enough to venture into the nether. Back into the mines I go. I turn over hundreds of stones, dig tunnels through dirt, and grind tons of gravel. The days start running together, I keep getting paranoid of something.....someone stalking me in the tunnels. I check behind me after every other stroke. Nothing was ever there, but it was eerie. I couldn't take it anymore I had to get out of there! I prep myself with stacks of food, torches, a weapon, full iron armor and a crafting table. It's time for an adventure.

I burst out of Devlin's front door excited to search for that desert that has been calling my name since day one. Out into the swamps I go. I follow the shore for as long as I can when the swamp seems to fill up with water and land becomes scarce. Tired of swimming, I decide to make a boat. As I weave through lily pads I happen to get swept out into an ocean. I ask myself, do I want to look for a mushroom biome or keep searching for that desert. Well I decide to follow the coastline, but at a distance just in case a mushroom biome is close to land. For 2 days I sailed the coastlines when suddenly I spy a beach. Not just any other beach, a beach with cacti! I made it, I was so excited I rammed my boat into the coast and sprinted onwards! Immediately, it's like the desert was happy to see me, it presents to me a Temple, accompanied by a Village. In this temple I find gold, saddles, iron, diamonds, even some iron horse armor! I leave behind this great town and wonder for a full day without finding anything else, except for some horses on the edge of some plains. I decide to tame one. A white horse with dark grey fading down to its sides. I got bucked a few times but he finally accepts me. I slap on the saddle and some iron armor and we're off to explore the desert! I named him Gilliam, together we found too many Temples and Villages to count. With a full pack of amazing loot we start our journey back to Devlin's home. Gilliam and I returned with ~90 gold bars, ~60 iron bars, 13 diamonds, 7 emeralds, 9 saddles, 5 name tags, 1 diamond 1 gold 5 iron horse armors, some iron armor and tools, and other miscellaneous items. With my new gold bars I heal up and prepare for the nether!

Before I entered the Nether I remember Devlin telling me that some pigmen were very upset and to travel to a new location to make a nether portal. So I destroy the current portal and take it 200+ blocks away and make a new one in a small room under the swamp. I take a breath, eat a golden apple and enter the nether. WHACK! A pigman hits me out of the portal, in a panic I turn right and run straight off a cliff! I survive with 2.5 HP. I sprint to a 1 wide 2 tall hole in the wall and sealed myself in with some cobblestone. I check behind me to find a passage dug by another player. Carefully I follow it as it leads me into a nether fortress! It seems the odds are in my favor, with this new find i chomp down my last golden apple bringing me to 4.5 HP as I carefully explore the fortress I find a garden, already emptied by a player. I decided to go behind the stairs and found another chamber leading down and into a network of passages. One by one I explore and close off each tunnel. I carefully round corners in fear of a wither skeleton lurking behind it, when suddenly I glimpse a blaze duck behind a corner I quickly block off the path in front of me and make a safe room. As I cautiously inch forward placing blocks to trap it, the blaze finally comes in view. I see him, he sees me and shoots fire at me! Direct hit! I stay calm and hide, minimal damage done. I go in for another encounter and get a few strikes in only to get hit with another fireball. I hide again, a little stressed, I rush back and land the finishing blow! Success! I killed the blaze, but no blaze rod. I come to a dead end, thinking that maybe a spawner lies behind the wall. I dig through some netherrack into some netherbricks. Excitedly I rush forward to knock out the bricks to the other side when the floor gives way!! I fall! The fall seems to last like I'm falling into the void when suddenly.......SPLAT.

I fell to my death. The only items on me were, food, diamond pick, some gold and saddles found from nether chests, netherwart, and soulsand.

Mr. Devlin, to you I leave my trusty steed Gilliam. He is very fast. I had plans to build a luxurious stable for him, all I ask is to keep him safe(and use a name tag to name him "Gilliam Q"). Also I give you my silk touch pick, diamond ore and diamonds, and emeralds. I also gift you 16 gold bars, 2 saddles, 1 diamond 1 iron horse armor.

Everything else I wish to be used for the community and anyone in need. I'm happy to have contributed to your home and hope the my finds helps someone to survive that face to face creeper explosion.

Good luck and thank you for hearing my story. I hope to be joining you again sometime.
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:35 pm

What's up with the hardcore? Is this a different server dev's running, or is this Prospect Reborn?
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:34 pm

It's a different server
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 am

Anyone feeling IP friendly?
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Cool 
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:11 am

Thanks maumau
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore 1.6 Server   Hardcore 1.6 Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore 1.6 Server
Page 1 of 1