Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravenxis
Apprentice

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 pm

If you can't get in, go to your profile and change it to 1.7.5
then you can play here.
we will be updating soon

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Novah11
Paper Boy

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

What version is it on as of Monday? I can't connect!
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 pm

We're trying to update now, so the server is closed. It looks like it isn't working, so we'll be on 1.7.5 right now until we can ask the experts
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Oh hey, the forums are working for me now.
You're trying to update? It's easy, here's what you do.

Download the 1.7.9 server.jar
Close server and back up the map.
Then replace the old minecraft.jar with the new one. Rename the new one to minecraft.jar to match the old one.
Start up server and done.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
Imauser
Master

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

We get this error when we click the "back up" button:

[World: world] External command failed: 14
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Probably because there's not enough space left on the server to store the backup. Looks like it's already nearing 75% capacity.

Easiest way to do that is just download the world file directly onto your own computer using a program like filezilla or winscp. I could do it if you aren't comfortable with it, but it would be a good thing for you guys to learn.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
Ravenxis
Apprentice

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:18 pm

if i can find the way to download it to my comp, i will try. never done it before but i want to learn how.
Back to top Go down
Ravenxis
Apprentice

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm

ok i got winscp installed. but i cant connect to the server, and iam lost. i never done this before.
it seems simple but not for me. Found what i was reading on beastnode, backup files get to a point and start rewriting over old files saved. but I guess the world is so large we are using up our disk space.

Been at this for a while now and more i work at, more lost i get. sorry

If we had the room, i could eazy do the backup and update. that would be simple.
but using other software to do get the files, is where iam lost.

I don't think i can pull this off just right now. and would hate myself if i messed something up and the world was gone.
I will keep teaching myself on how to use the software etc and hope i can get it in time.

Sorry I tryed.
Ravenxis
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:00 pm

Dev, which program are you using? I'm using Winscp (last time I used Filezila, my computer said there was a virus) and I don't know how to log in. It looks like I need the following:

File protocol
Encryption
Host name
Port number
User name
Password

Edit: I can't seem to log into the server. I was playing with Winscp while logged into the server and would get disconnected on occasion. Now I get a red "can't connect to the server" on my server list.
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Ah I seem to have found the information, but it looks like the server is blocking my IP (too many failed login attempts?), so I can't log in or use Winscp to log in.
Back to top Go down
Ravenxis
Apprentice

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm

Server is now updated and running. 1.7.9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server update   Server update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server update
Page 1 of 1