Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1.4 Update.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thedevlin
Admin

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm

The server will be updating to 1.4.2 on Wednesday, October 31st. Bukkit currently has a dev build out that we can update to, but there's likely to be a lot of bugs so I'd like to give them a chance to have a stable version ready. If not, we'll work with what they have.

Along with the 1.4 update, I'll be adding a couple things to the server.

Firstly, I'll be giving Kings a second /home, as well as giving Nobles and Lords the /warp command. Members will recieve /spawn.

The second thing I'll be adding is two new worlds to our server. One will be for events like our hunger games. The other will be a creative world, designed for people to test out things before building them in our survival world.
It's possible that having these extra worlds will cause lag, so if that's the case I might take out the creative, and we'll just have a seperate map for events.

Upcoming Events: Building Contest, Hunger Games. I'll post information for these after we've updated.

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks of these changes, leave a comment here, or wait until you see me around the server.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
atralupis
Apprentice

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Dev, as much as I am enjoying the 1.4 update ....

If all they have to offer by that time is a development build, you're better off waiting until they have a stable one.. bugs are one thing .... Development builds can cause world damage as well.
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 am

I'm sure it's possible that there could be some damage to the world, so it's not like I'm making the decision to update blindy.
So far from testing it out on my test server everything seems perfectly fine. All plugins are working, map was still in one piece(from what I saw), and no errors spamming my console. I will keep testing though, as well as keeping an eye on the bukkit forums to see if anyone else has some problems (so far there are none).

So far the chances of having a recommended build ready by wednesday are looking pretty good, but if not I don't think a dev build will be a problem.
Back to top Go down
atralupis
Apprentice

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Meh - I'm just cautious to the extreme is all man.
Back to top Go down
Prezzision

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

New map, same spawn, transfer limit of 4 double chests

<3 Prezz
Back to top Go down
VYCannisMajoris
Journeyman
VYCannisMajoris

Location : Reading a book. Currently: The Inferno by Dante Alighieri.

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Cool! A hallowe'en update! Keep the map though. I don't want to lose everything.
The invisibility potions will be fun. So will mob heads. April fools day, hurry up!
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am

Lol no new map this time. This world still has plenty of life left in it. However, if you want a fresh start so badly, I won't stop you from giving away all your materials and start off elsewhere. There's more than enough space for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1.4 Update. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.4 Update.   1.4 Update. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.4 Update.
Page 1 of 1