Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
manuga

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library Empty
PostSubject: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:03 pm

MCKECHNIE14 currently has possession of all the library's books.
M_Mertz griefed signs, paintings, chests, stole supplies, destroyed mechanisms, and vandalized the entire library.
Requesting that the mods take some action against the perpetrators, and please if possible revert the library to an earlier state... It would be awful if we lost everyone's hard work.

Sample screenshots included. Also, first post. Razz

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library WUqaF

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library 9eeNx

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library CL9pp
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 pm

I was there when the library was griefed and M_mertz has been banned. I rolled the damage back but it doesn't restore some signs, or text in books, so unfortunately those are gone and I can't do anything to get those back.

I wish there was an easier way to protect the books in the library. I've been trying to think of some way of doing that, but so far haven't had any ideas other than to just make extra copies of all the books.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
manuga

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Well that's really disappointing...

Generating multiple copies of books really seems like the simplest and most reliable way of protecting our work. If I set up a chest in the library office could you periodically drop in and make a few copies of all the books in it? Having multiple copies of books would also allow residents to have personal copies of their work, as well as allowing the library to keep public and archival copies.
Hopefully we never have to deal with this again... I have a list of all the books we lost, not that I'm really sure what good it will do.

meh
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm

It is disappointing. I realized immediately after I banned the guy that he probably had our books on him, and I could have gotten them back had I just killed him first. Lesson learned, I suppose, but I still feel bad.
Maybe I'll post a sign in the library warning people to make a backup just incase this happens again.

But sure, I can stop by the library and make copies, or I can give you the command to do that as well.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 am

Heh, M_mertz griefed into my Home as well in Winterfall, no major damage, but still annoyed me. He put a chest outside my house, with a sign next to it: "M_mertz stuff, takers will be prosecuted." Come to find out, I forgot to lock one of my chests in my house, and there my items were in "His" chest.
Back to top Go down
manuga

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm

If it's possible to give me the command to copy books, I'd really appreciate that and put it to good use. Let me know if there's anything I have to do to make this happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library   Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damage and Serious Theft to the Winterfall University Library
Page 1 of 1