Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Map?!!!

Go down 
+3
Tsuko85
WilliamHowardCraft
KrisTea79
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm

After much debate, it has finally been decided!

*Yes there will be a new map as soon as 1.8 is released!
*No, nothing is going to be brought over. We will be having a true fresh start
*Yes we will be going back to a vanilla server (no more spigot)
*Yes we will have borders implemented and eventually expanded when new updates come out
*Yes there will be new rules in place to try and help with lag concerns (these will be posted when the new map is released)

So...if you have any questions please feel free to contact me either through this post or pm me.

Thanks for sticking around through all the management, IP and now map changes over the last little while!
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 am

No, thank you for doing all the work and decision-making.
Back to top Go down
Tsuko85
Apprentice

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 am

What is the new IP?
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:24 am

198.12.116.218:25765
Back to top Go down
Novah11
Paper Boy

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Horray! I can't wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scrimshire

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:09 am

Well, that's....disappointing.
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 am

Sorry you're disappointed but a decision had to be made that not only works for the players but the owners as well. As I am VERY new at this, updating a server is going to be difficult enough, never mind trying to worry about bringing over players profiles. And in the end I cannot please everyone. Hopefully you're not upset enough to leave permanently but if you are, it was great to have you on the server and hope to see you again soon!
Back to top Go down
Qintuo
Paper Boy

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 am

I've always enjoyed having a fresh start, but I never build anything that big. Fresh starts for me seem to bring out new builds I never would have made because I had no reason to build something new. You'll probably see me on if I can tear myself away from the Blood and Bones pack. I'm really not sure why I'm still playing that pack. It's so hard >=(.
Back to top Go down
whezo

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am

I haven't been on for a good few months.

I'm kinda devastated to see the server has been reset! All of yellowstonejoe's superb work on the nether highway has been lost, not to mention the hours he spent helping.

I can understand why because of lag issues with the previous incarnation but was there no other way? And because you are paying for the server then you have the absolute right to make the final decision but it is sad none the less.

I can't be bothered to start again.

Fair well and best wishes!

whezo
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:49 pm

No there was no other way. We tried. When we had players literally traveling over 20,000 blocks, the map was no longer able to load and run. As well, when the discussion began on whether or not a new map was necessary, nearly every single player quit..joe included. Not only did joe have plenty builds, but a lot of people did. As well...with the map as large as it was, there was no way we could get any of the new blocks or temples.
Seeing as you have now quit the server, I will remove your name from the whitelist as I am trying to keep it fairly small anyways. It was good to know you, fair well and good wishes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Map?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Map?!!!   New Map?!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Map?!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements. :: General Announcements-
Jump to: