Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!

Go down 
+4
Ravenxis
KrisTea79
viperhawk2k4
Imauser
8 posters

Do you want a new map for 1.7?
Yes, I want a new map
Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_vote_lcap100%Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
No, stay on this map
Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_vote_lcap0%Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Imauser
Master

Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! Empty
PostSubject: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:09 am

Originally, the plan was to keep the current map and expand the border. However, 1.7 will alter the terrain generation code once again. As usual, if you use an older map and explore new chunks for the update, you'll get some strange land formations.

Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! 2013-112

Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! 2013-111

Some people do not mind this formation, while others do. This poll will determine whether we move on or not and will be closed once our plugins update.

If we do move on, the current map will be saved and hosted for everyone to download. We'll still need to wait for our plugins, though. I know you're eager for the server to update, but it's too risky to advertise without protection. Of course, if you have a good reason why we should go without plugins, feel free to post it.

We look forward your opinions and thanks for your patience!

Last edited by Imauser on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
viperhawk2k4
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 pm

i talked to ima last night about this. and i have no problem going to a new map. i understand some people might be upset about it, because of lost work. but i dont mind rebuilding spawn and a new personal home for me.
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm

I would love a new map...but I would not want spawn built like it is now. I really miss the way we used to build spawn as a community. Right now spawn (no offence Viper) is all Viper's. It doesn't have the community feel at all any more.
I understand every ones concerns with starting over...trust me War and I spent many hours, weeks in fact, on the ender farm alone. That's just building it. Not including lighting the entire end island and gathering the materials. And yes the entire thing was built without creative. That's just one of our projects. Not exactly excited to lose all that but...there's is no way we can expand the borders enough to experience the new biomes that's have been created.
Back to top Go down
viperhawk2k4
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:06 pm

kris i understand, i meant as in building spawn, i meant the spawn point was gonna do a good size compass on the ground and some trees and a board showing the rules and owners/mods
Back to top Go down
Ravenxis
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 pm

With the new update and all the great changes to the game. I would be very happy to start over and start a new world. A new fresh start could be what we all need.
The new world has to be much bigger, i say big has we can go. Give us so much to do that we can't run out of room and area's far enough away ( for the ones who like like that) can play without worrying about bumping into many ppl.

The new update is great.
So yes to new world Smile
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Well, seeing as how you three are the only ones who are still active, I'd say that's majority. We'll go to a new map lol. There is, however, still a decision to be made. I wanted to discuss this with Ima and Kris, but maybe it's better to do it here.

Do we want to go back to vanilla? I say yes to this, and here's why.

I've been keeping an eye on bukkit development, and it seems like they're having a lot of trouble with this 1.7 update. One tweet I saw was saying there's "problems with minecraft which they can't fix and will prevent them from getting any stable builds out."

So while it's already taking a really long time to update, when we are eventually able to, there'll still be problems, things not working right, etc. A good example was beginning of our current map, Ocelot spawning was out of control to the point where I had to region the world to prevent them from spawning.

As for griefs, it's something we'll have to live with on occasion. Whitelisting will prevent anything major, but it's not perfect. I guess just keep an eye on the server logs and who's been whitelisted and do a bit of detective work lol.

Anyways, share thoughts, concerns, whatever. If we want to go to vanilla we can make that happen anytime.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
w_warlock_w

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:15 pm

hey this is war i'm down for a new map however there's a lot of new biome's and I have looked at a lot of seeds trying to get one that has all the biomes in 5000 x 5000 this seed has all biomes except for maga tiga it even has the packed ice biome and lots of masa so if I were to pick a seed this would be the one. 4756850438200069783 As for whitelist I would love for it to be whitelist vanilla
Back to top Go down
Ravenxis
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm

whitelist vanilla gets my vote
that seed looks good
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm good with a white listed server.
I think that if we really want to add new players we would have to create an application on the forums and post the link in our ads. Maybe this way we will get some new players that will stick around and actually build some good stuff on here.
Oh ya and I love the seed War found. I have to admit that its better then the one I found Shocked 
Back to top Go down
viperhawk2k4
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

i agree whitelist and vanilla would be a change

Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:30 am

Okay, it looks like we're getting a new map.

I'm still reluctant on going full vanilla. While Dev's points make sense, the server won't be watched over 24/7. All it takes is for a single whitelisted person to grief while everyone is offline. Sure, things can be rebuilt with creative mode. But by then, the damage has been done and it'll be next to impossible to rebuild structures and refill chests to how they were before. Without vanish, it'll be even more difficult to catch them in the act (such as x-ray). Also, we won't always be able to tell which house belongs to which person; it'll be incredibly helpful if you help us keep an eye out for land ownership.

Of course, we'll do our best to prevent this from happening. However, we're still human and may not always be able to fix everything and ban the culprit. So by playing on the new map, you acknowledge that there is a possibility of permanent damage to your house and chests. Everyone will need to play a little more cautiously.

We can go vanilla for now and switch to bukkit if a stable build is released.

As much fun an amplified world is, not everyone's computer will be able to handle it. We'll likely go with a regular-sized world this time.

To give everyone enough advance notice, how about we save this current map on Thursday? We can update sometime during the weekend. I realize not all of our regulars have had a chance for input, but like Dev said, judging from the recent forum posts, most have already expressed their opinion.

Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
KrisTea79
Journeyman
KrisTea79

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:15 pm

All sounds good to me Ima Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BlackyBear00
Paper Boy
BlackyBear00

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:13 am

are we switching back to regular sized biomes or staying with large?
Back to top Go down
thedevlin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 am

BlackyBear00 wrote:
are we switching back to regular sized biomes or staying with large?
We'll be using normal sized biomes.
Back to top Go down
https://prospectmc.canadian-forum.com
Qintuo
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 am

I'm still around! I pop in rarely I know, but hopefully it will be a little more often now. I'm good with the new map and using War's seed that he mentioned. Looking forward to exploring the new biomes. Also I checked out amplified and holy balls it tore up my pc. Looks like its time for an upgrade. Don't forget to whitelist me if you go that rout.
Back to top Go down
BlackyBear00
Paper Boy
BlackyBear00

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 pm

when the new map goes up will there be an annoucement on the forums or should we just check the multiplayer maps to see when it goes live so to speak ?
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackyBear00
Paper Boy
BlackyBear00

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 10:34 pm

thx ima I just thought I was having to wait a little longer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!   Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voting for a new map and taking seed suggestions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements. :: General Announcements-
Jump to: