Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Gauging interest] Thimble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OFFLINEPLAY

[Gauging interest] Thimble Empty
PostSubject: [Gauging interest] Thimble   [Gauging interest] Thimble I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 am

I've built a pool on the server in which we can play Thimble. Thimble is a Minecraft game that's popular among the French community, though I've only heard of it recently.

Here's how the game works:

First, everyone meets at the pool and chooses a bed. (You're going to want to sleep.) Beside each bed is a chest. Players put all their belongings (including armour) into the chest and take out a stack of whatever material is in there to start. For this example, I'll use dirt.

[Gauging interest] Thimble UESRGgh

The pool that we'll use to play is at the bottom of a long fall.

[Gauging interest] Thimble VtPECWU

To play, each player takes turns jumping into the water like a madman.

[Gauging interest] Thimble Zg4amuK
I regret nothing!

When you land, you get to place a block into the water.

[Gauging interest] Thimble KyD2tzl

Once you've done that, you type "/home" into chat and wait for your next turn.

You may be wondering at this point how you win the game. Well, notice that my dirt is poking over the top of the water. If someone else lands on the block, they'll be greeted with this screen:

[Gauging interest] Thimble Izm2SK7

The last person to have that happen to them wins the game. Sort of. Because players going earlier have an advantage, a small caveat is added. For example: Alice, Bob and Charlie are playing. Alice went first, then Bob, then Charlie. If Alice and Bob both die, they had to jump one more time than Charlie did. To make it fair, Charlie jumps one more time. If he dies, no one wins and the game is played again.

In short, you can only win when you've survived the same number of jumps as it took to kill everyone else.

There's one last rule you have to know: "Succeeding the thimble". (I know it's a weird phrase, but like I said: The game is French. Not everything translates perfectly.)

In this screenshot, a Dirt player and a Gravel player have been playing for a while. You can see that there's a block of water surrounded by 4 other blocks.

[Gauging interest] Thimble BzoafmA

If either player lands in that hole and lives, they've "succeeded the thimble". Each player can succeed the thimble once per game, and doing so allows them to place 2 blocks in the water.

I'd like to run an event for this game, with a prize for the winner and whatnot, but I'm not going to bother if there's no interest. Let me know if you'd like to play, and if we get a decent number of players I'll decide on a time and date. If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask; it's possible that I missed something in my explanation.
Back to top Go down
Imauser
Master

PostSubject: Re: [Gauging interest] Thimble   [Gauging interest] Thimble I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Ooh, this looks like a pretty original game. I want to play Smile 
Back to top Go down
AgentTunaGhost
Apprentice
AgentTunaGhost

PostSubject: Re: [Gauging interest] Thimble   [Gauging interest] Thimble I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Yeah, this looks cool, I like games that kill the losers >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WilliamHowardCraft
Paper Boy

PostSubject: Re: [Gauging interest] Thimble   [Gauging interest] Thimble I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:29 pm

01100011 - 01101111 - 01101101 - 01101001 - 01101110 - 01100111

01110011 - 01101111 - 01101111 - 01101110

- Wil
_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Gauging interest] Thimble   [Gauging interest] Thimble I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Gauging interest] Thimble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements. :: Events!-
Jump to: