Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-A Minecraft Server-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possibility of a new map

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VYCannisMajoris
Journeyman
VYCannisMajoris

Location : Reading a book. Currently: The Inferno by Dante Alighieri.

Possibility of a new map Empty
PostSubject: Possibility of a new map   Possibility of a new map I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay, we probably all know about the creator and regular world errors. They have both been through numerous updates, and that has led to a bit of corruption in the level data. For instance, Warlock's tree farm caused a chunk to momentarily disappear and we bog crashed. Chunk errors everywhere in the creative world (half of one of my builds was gone) and many crashes have led to his proposal.

I say that we get a new 5000x map, allowing everyone who wants to keep a structure of their choice. Any chests and other things will remain the same. This will hopefully fix the many problems that we have been encountering.
State your opinion in the comments.
Back to top Go down
atralupis
Apprentice

Possibility of a new map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new map   Possibility of a new map I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 am

I'm sorry but I think you know what I am going to say here ...

Some of these errors can be directly laid at the feet of the development versions of the server code we've been using (only ONE other server in my list updated to the 1.4 line) and frankly there are some things on this map which people have poured too much time into to see it all vanish.

Hell, I cannot speak for others but .... I waited until the server seemed to have stabilized before I dug out and used the two mooshroom eggs I had bought last map and carried over. Thank god I have not used my two villager eggs yet - I highly doubt my mooshrroms will be "refunded" (the eggs used returned for a new carry over).

A single structure being allowed to carry over?

Some people will have to move all of their chests to this structure.

The creative world already had errors in it man - that's why a good number of people's builds are gone now. The offending chunks were simply deleted.

Honestly? I'd have no issues with a "new" map ... provided the seed is identical and the tie is taken to copy over people's work. No need to force people to start over just to fix errors.

But hey - that's just the way I think .... Map was fine until the updates. Should be a way to make a "new" (same seed, just regened) map while retaining people's work.
Back to top Go down

Possibility of a new map
Page 1 of 1